Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nike Women's Marathon-October 14th




I ran the half marathon in the Nike Womens Marathon in San Francisco.  It is the worlds largest womens marathon and includes 25,000 women.  Each year, it is so popular that Nike does a lottery drawing to select the 25,000 who will be included.  Luckily, this year I got to participate!!!  It started as a cold, foggy, and dark (7am race start) morning.  However, as the sun came up, it was lovely to run past so many SF landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Pier 39.  I did struggle more then I would have liked because it turnes out that I was getting the stomach flu that morning and would go on to spend a miserable rest of the day in bed with a fever.  But I did finish and was proud of it!! Instead of a big clunky finishers medal that is usually awarded, this race gives out coveted Tiffany necklaces distributed to the finishers by San Francisco firemen in tuxedos!!! Wow!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment